Wednesday 4 January 2012

MMM Mid-week Motivation - Make your own background paper.

DT member Fliss has chosen a lovely theme for us this month with Nature and I am simply loving the Bird challenge this month.
Fliss is also a fan of DIY crafting so this week I am sharing with you a card I made using some hand made background paper.
Firstly I took a piece of white card stock cut to fit the card blank I'm using. I took a stamp and stamped it all over the card stock filling as much of the card as I could


Using a Promarker I then randomly coloured in some of the eggs - the Promarker colour is very similar to the ink used to stamp the eggs.


With a sponge I added some subtle colouring to the card. I then took an old pair of scissors (never use good ones for this technique) and distressed my edges


After inking these edges with a dark brown ink I then made my card .
Don't forget that you can add glitter or embossing to your shop bought backing papers too to make them both personal and unique.


3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your idea - I just love the subtle colouring of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A gorgeous, serene card.. I love the soft colours.
    Sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A really lovely card Jacqueline. love that background.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete

Who would like to see their card on Facebook? Just like our page, enter the challenge and wait and see! Our Facebook badge is in the side bar.